Monday, May 16, 2011

Twisted Kisses

Over at JUGS this week the challenge is a technique called "Kissing with Twist".  Here is the link:
http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/05/kissingjust-us-girls-style.html



I wasn't too sure about this technique, but this card was so quick and easy and I really like the way the effect turned out on the damask.  I started with some textured ivory cardstock that I found laying around inked up the damask from Gina K's set Grand Damask with Memento Cantelope, then inked up one of the flourish stamps from the same set with Lady Bug and stamped it onto the damask and twisted a little.  I huffed on the stamp in case the ink had dried a little and stamped onto the textured ivory cs.  Cut out and layered with Nesties circles.  This is the first time I used that border die and I really like it a lot.  Finshed it off by stamping the sentiment across the lower part of the damask in VersaFine Black ink.

Stamps:  Gina K Grand Damask, Inside and Out
Ink:  Memento Cantelope, Lady Bug, VersaFine Black
cs:  Unknown textured ivory, black, Gina K base weight Ivory, dp
accessories:  various Nesties

4 comments:

Kristin Eberline said...

Wow, this technique turned out perfectly with the damask stamp! I LOVE your elegant color palette...the black really makes everything pop!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!!

Carma said...

This stamp was great for this technique! I love the colors. (My daughter is responsible for my stamping addiction too!)

Andrea M said...

Sue, this is GORGEOUS!!! WOW! That damask stamp looks incredible with this technique!! Amazing work! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Renkata said...

Hi dear Sue
I never used this technique, but look so pretty.