Tuesday, December 10, 2013

12 Tags of Christmas Day 9

The beautiful parade of tags continues at Ellen Hutson's The Classroom!  Today the talented Teri Anderson is featured.

Eh_NoelTag_teri



I am very limited on shape dies, so I did a search for a clip art skate and found this one.  Cut it out by hand, sponged on some Antique Linen Distress ink, colored the blade with a silver Sharpee marker and pink gel pen on the laces.  I had some snowflake printed vellum on hand.  I did the frame of the tag with Barn Door Distress ink and spritzed with water. I don't sew, so pierced around the opening and drew the stitches with white gel pen.  Die cut individual letters from dp and added the punched vellum snowflake and bling.  This pales in comparision to Teri's lovely tag, but I did what I could with my resources.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

RosA said...

Hi there, been having a look at your Christmas tags. I wonder if you would mind telling me where you found the ice skate clip art?
Thank you,
RosaA

Gwen said...

Oh I really like yours! Way to find such great substitutes!

Lee-Anne said...

So clever to use the clip art...looks wonderful, Sue! Your sponging on the skate really adds great depth and texture!